Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm back

I just finished my first week back after an amazing Spring Break. I had a lot to do this week, and I got a lot done. It was a very successful week.
I had a lot of tests/quizzes/stuff to get ready for and take this week. I did really well on everything, I think. All my buddies and I were worried about our Math WPR, but it actually turned out to be really easy (thankfully). Right now, Zack (my roommate) is studying with another guy for a huge history WPR they have tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have it. I do have many huge papers and projects coming up near the end of April. I have to start those quite early, like now, so it won't be as bad later on. It should be alright, though. I also met with the academic office to discuss my schedule over the next three years/six semesters. It actually isn't as bad as I thought. I'll probably take STAP next summer, and maybe the summer after to lighten my load, but I should be fine. I just have to be careful, because once I add my classes for my major, they will run over into a seventh semester. It's all very confusing, but I am a bit more relieved than I was before.
Football practice this week was the same as past weeks. Tomorrow, we start going outside; I'm really looking forward to that. I lifted with Zack on Saturday after Super Saturday 8 Hour Training (I'll explain in detail later). I took some of his Nitric Oxide, which basically gets you ready for a lift. I don't know if its a psychological thing or not, but I felt good about 15 minutes after I took that stuff. It's really hard to get a good lift in here because you are always tired, but this substance is supposed to increase your energy levels to exercise. Personally, I think it worked, I wasn't able to lift 500lbs, but even after an hour of lifting, I felt good. That energy (which is lacking here) is key to getting a good workout in, so I decided to pick up some of my own. I can't wait for it to come.
So...Super Saturday 8 Hour Training...basically we got bussed out to FOB (Forward Operating Base) Buckner and went around a really long loop with four different stations. I got designated to carry a rucksack (35 lbs), but it wasn't bad; we passed it around after each station. So, we half jogged, half walked the first leg, and did communications (radio) training. We walked the next two legs to the weapons and land navigation training, and we finished with medical training. For the final leg, back to the beginning, the BTO (Brigade Tactical Officer) ran with us back to the beginning. That was cool that he ran with us. I thought the training was interesting, though. The whole day was more of a ruck march/run rather than training, but whatever. After we had a BBQ with the company for lunch, and we had a Chicken and Beer (rootbeer for me) Party that night. That was fun. And I fit in lifting in there somewhere, too. Last night, though, after the party, I felt so sick! So did, Zack. That wasn't fun. I couldn't wait to get in bed.
Today, I slept through three alarms and missed Bible Study and church. That ticked me off so bad. I really was looking forward to going to it today! My Bible study this week was "Are you growing?" It was good; it focused on what kind of food (milk or meat) am I getting, and what fruit am I producing. Again, it really hit home on Quiet Time, which I am really struggling with. I could really use prayer in that area if anybody gets the chance (Thanks!). I also met with CPT Warren, my small group leader for OCF and Bible study. He is discipling me, and we went over the parable of the Sower and the Seeds. Oh yeah! An upperclassman in my company asked me the week before Spring Leave whether I wanted to get together with him to just go over what God has been doing in our lives and such. On Friday, we got together, just gave eachother a basic background of ourselves, and we are going to begin meeting once a week and going over the book "Too Busy Not to Pray" - which we both agree is an area of struggle with where we are. It is going to be awesome.
We had a thunderstorm a little while ago. I love thunderstorms!! There's just something about them that remind me of how mighty and powerful my God is! I love to watch the lighting and feel the thunder. It is one of the best feelings in the world.
This week, I don't have too much going on. My buddy, Standley, and I are getting up at 5:20 again to work out (I didn't do so hot at getting up this past week). Hopefully I can this week. Academics don't look bad either. Tomorrow, I have to pick up a Cadet Candidate for an overnight stay. That should be interesting. Hopefully we can give him a good impression, or a realistic impression (I don't know which is better).
Well, I have to go take a shower, read my Bible, and go to bed. I will definitely need the rest to be ready for this week. Here's some pictures of some recent events:

Here's a pic from the PPW banquet.


Here's a pic from Super Saturday. This is
me and a yuk in my company and on my team,
Tom (CPL Fowler in the company area).

No comments:

Post a Comment