Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's been a while...

WOW!! It has been exactly one month since I last blogged...Does that tell you anything about how I've been? Yeah, I've been pretty busy, but I also just never took the time to sit down and write. I definitely had the time, just never used it for this. I'll try to be better about this.
So, anyway, I just went through probably the most hectic month of my life to date. I had four straight weeks of an academic nightmare. I had project after project due, paper after paper, and test after test. Thankfully, I'm done with my biggest project of the year - my American Politics paper. I wrote on the creation of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. It was quite interesting, but the paper is also worth about a quarter of my grade for that course. Thankfully, I now only have two projects left, Chemistry Capstone Lab and a Psychology project (to analyze my goals and assess them according to the theories I have learned). Last is TEEs, Term End Exams, which start on Saturday, May 9. There is one everyday (excluding Sunday) until the next Thursday. It will be a very interesting experience, but I'm looking forward to finishing my semester, and my life...as a plebe!!! May 23rd will be an absolutely glorious day!
Phsically, Sprint was going very well. I moved to Offensive line and was really enjoying it, and then, two weeks ago on Friday...I got cut! I have no idea why, but it happened. Oh well, I look at it positively. I really wasn't sure whether or not I still wanted to play next year, so my decision was made for me. Now, I have LOTS of time to myself, and I'm lifting and running like crazy. My goal is to try out for the Climbing/Mountaineering team next year (my roommate from last semester is on it). I'm also trying to change my workout plan. I want to focus more on getting into "Army" shape - running and endurance. I still want to get jacked, but I don't think it's really in my best interest, especially if I wanna join the climbing team (I can't be haulin' all that muscle up the cliff :) ). Anyway, I also want to run in the Marine Corps Marathon next year, so I need to train for that.
I'm also taking boxing right now. I had my first of three end of the course bouts on Tuesday. They consist of 2 one minute rounds. You can forget form and all that - it becomes an all-out brawl, and it is great! I got a 91 (A-) on my bout, which is extremely good for that class. I was pretty pumped. Plus, I got to unleash fury on a fellow classmate. It is an awesome feeling to land a fist to face (Please, no body get scared, if you have ever boxed, you know exactly what I'm talking about.) I have another bout on Friday, and then my last one next Thursday. This is by far the best class here! I love it.
Spritually. I'm doing better in this area. My daily readings and quiet time have gone much better, but I'm still trying to incorporate it into every area of my life, and not "compartamentalize" my faith. That is one of the hardest things here. I usually just try to survive each day and make it through each thing, but I can't forget to apply what I read everyday to my life. Lately, though, I've been meeting with my small group leader once a week, going to Bible study on Sunday's, going to small group on Tuesdays, and meeting with a cow (junior) in my company once a week to disscuss a book on prayer we're reading.
Well, I have no classes tomorrow. It's Project Day - all the cows and firsties present their year end projects. I don't have to go to any of them, so its pretty much a free day. I need to use it, though, to finish up the Psychology project. I'll try to write again soon, and include some more stories about what I've been up to, but this is just a quick note for tonite. Peace...out.

No comments:

Post a Comment