Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Almost there...

Hey, what's going on everyone? I'm midway through my week, and I'm almost there...the weekend that is. A THREE DAY WEEKEND!!! I'm going to Camp Pinnacle to a Navigator's Conference. I'm so excited!! However, I still have to focus on finishing up this week strong.
So far this week has gone really well. I got my results back on my CH102 WPR, and I got a 97! I was ecstatic. I also got my Prelim 1 paper back from my AP teacher, I got a B, which I am more than happy about. I was so nervous about that paper. Now, I have an even bigger one coming up due the beginning of March. Tomorrow I have my first WPR in MA104. That's a little nerve-wracking. I understand most of the material, but I'm just hoping I still understand when it is front of me on the test. I've been studying for it earlier tonite, and I'm about to get back to it soon. It's a funny thing here. I also have a AP Lab during the time I was supposed to take my WPR, and guess what takes precedence? The Lab! So I now have to take it earlier in the morning, instead of in the afternoon. Oh well, I'll live.
Last night I had my OCF small group. It ended up only being 3 of us, the small group leader and then another one of my buddies. It was good, though. We talked through John 6, and about the New Covenant. We noticed that Christ says four times in that passage (do you think that's enough emphasis?) that we are CHOSEN by God. We did not choose Him, it was not our will. He chose us. That is pretty amazing when you stop and think about it. It's humbling, especially after you think about everything wrong you've ever done in your life, and still, a perfect and holy God chose you and me. This just got me even more pumped for this weekend. I can't wait to be spiritually renewed and revived, and have some fun on the side!
This part is for those who actually care about working out. I do, so this is my story of this week, so far... The Sprint workouts have become more intense. We added ladders and boxes (plyos baby!), as well as the usual sprints. I'm actually kinda exhausted, scratch that, I am exhausted at the end. It's a great feeling, though. Some of you know what I am referring to - the lactic acid build up in your legs, the feeling like you can't breathe, you can barely walk and you feel as if your knees are going to collapse. I don't know about you, but that is one GOOD feeling. Even better than that...I reached a new max of bench. It was actually pretty intresting. Some of you may remember when I was trying to break 200, and how long that took me and how bad I wanted it. Well, this was a little accidental. I was doing my normal routine. I warm up with 135, repping 6 times. I bumped it up to 185, repping 6 times again. I wanted to push myself this day, so I decided to put it up to 205, which I have only repped 3 times previously and preceded to do so this time. I told my partner, "Alright man, I wanna go for it, 225". So we loaded on the 2 45s to each side and I told him I wanted to pound out 1 and do a negative. So I pounded out 2 and negatived the last one. So, again, I was like, I'm feeling good, lets bump this up 30 lbs. So, we slapped that on there and I got one rep. I was still feeling great, and I just told my partner, I'm going for it man, 2 45s and a 25 to each side, 275 lbs! I said I just wanted to do a negative, but I brought it down, I felt good, and I pounded it up!! I was so psyched. I had so much adrenaline pumping and I was going crazy. I had never even tried to lift over 215 before. It was a good feeling. Now some of you may be thinking I'm bragging...well, maybe just a little bit. I'm more excited that anything. Don't worry, though, I was quickly humbled when my lifting partner took me over to squats...I STINK at squats. It was a great day, though.
Alright, I think its time for me to get back to studying. Hopefully I'll be able to write this weekend, but I don't know if I am taking my laptop to the retreat. I'll post again when I get back, though. Continue to pursue God and know Him more. I know I am, and its insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment