Sunday, February 1, 2009

Introduction

Alright, so this is my first blog, so it'll be a little long. I have created this blog so that everyone may keep up with what is going on in my life and stop waiting for my email that will never come. Basically, I will try to let you know what I have been up to lately, what God has been teaching me, and pretty much anything that I feel like putting at that particular point in time. So here it goes...
January is finally over, and I have completed three and a half weeks of my second semester at USMA. God has been amazing and working in incredible ways just through my academics since I came back on Jan. 4th. As many of you know, I have to repeat my first semester classes because of coming home last semester. However, after talking to a few of my instructors, I was able to advance in math and chemistry. That eliminates 2 of the 7 courses that I would have had to make up either during the summer or next year. Praise God!! However, I still have to go through STAP (summer school) during my first block of the summer, with FOB Buckner during second block. Right now, third block is schedule for Sprint Football PIAD, but I have to talk to my coach to see if I can do another STAP. Please keep that in your prayers as I try to knock out as many classes as possible this summer. If I can do the two sessions of STAP, I will have eliminated four more classes, leaving only one to overload next year.
Sprint is going really well right now. On Mondays and Wednesdays we are doing Speed/Agility Training, Tuesdays and Thursdays are lifts, and Fridays are Cardio. It's pretty decent right now, but after Spring Break, spring conditioning starts, and that will be another story. Lifts are pretty simple right now, just bench, squats, RDLs, power shrugs, core work, and ISO rows. They will get more complicated with spring conditioning, though, and those of you who really know me will know that I am looking forward to that!
I have started attending a new Sunday School at 0900 Sunday mornings (right before Grace Baptist Church that I attended last semester and am continuing to attend). It is pretty awesome. We are going over a study entitled "The Call to Discipleship". Right now I'm learning a new way to study the Bible using a three step process: Observation, Interpretation, and Application. First, I look at the passage, define key words using Greek or Hebrew definitions or a concordance, and observe the surrounding context. Second, I cross-reference and pick out some lessons that can be learned. Lastly, I apply it to my life. Basically, the study looks like this: "What the Bible says about being a disciple", "What discipleship means", and "How can I be a disciple". I am really enjoying it right now.
My small group leader for OCF, who is also my Sunday morning leader, invited me to a conference hosted by the Navigators (a Christian group within the Army) over President's Day weekend. I can't wait! It's a weekend filled with good food, great workshops, and I'll get to spend some time with some great men of God.
Well, it is off to work on some homework now. I want to get some done before I watch the Superbowl tonight! I am going over to my small group leader's house for the game. Yeah buddy! I will contintue to post about once a week. Please follow my blog and feel free to email me whenever. I will always read the emails, its the responding that's the problem.

3 comments:

  1. James, it was good to hear from you and now we can see what you're up to! I'm glad things are going well, you definitely seem busy. I completely understand about the "not responding" stuff, I'm guilty as well! Sometimes we let life get ahead of us. We will continue to pray for you and and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man. It's cool that you and your sister have blogs now.glad to hear from you. I hope your days at West Point are going well. I'm praying for you! Peace.

    ReplyDelete