Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy Week...

Wow. I haven't posted in ten days. I have been quite busy with school and other activities.
Last weekend, many of you know that I went home. I had my buddy pick me up here at West Point, and I came back to surprise my family. However, they were not home, so I hung out with my buddy for a while, and then we decided to go break into my house. We got in, I grabbed my keys and took the car. That was awesome. It was like old times (not that we've broken into other houses, we've just done some crazy stuff together).
Anyway, so I got to surprise my family and friends. It was great; I love to do stuff like that... I loved seeing everybody after being gone for about two months. I played with my brother a lot, as well as our two, rapidly growing puppies. I even helped my mom at puppy kindergarten on Saturday morning, which is not fun at all! My dog doesn't listen to me. Later that day, I went to give blood at a blood drive held at my school in my dad's honor. It was pretty neat.
I also went spent time with some other very close friends while I was home. I got to build a huge fort with some of the younger members of the family, play games (UNO Flash, one of the best games ever!), and stay up late talking. Sunday, after church and Chinese with Mom and Isaac, we headed back. It stunk to say goodbye, but now I only have two more weeks till I get to see everybody again. Spring Break, baby!!!!
This week went well. I was REALLY busy with academics, as I will be these next two weeks as well. I have three WPRs, and two papers due in the next two weeks, so I won't have much free time. It is okay, though, at least I'm not bored. I am still doing fairly well acadmically. Some of my classes I have to work a little harder in, but I'll pull it off. If you think about it, please pray for me these next weeks as I sacrifice my sleep for studying and extra work.
I had a great week spiritually this week. I read my Bible everyday, and I even got to meet with my "spiritual mentor." We met on Tuesday, and we went through the Bridge Illustration, but a much more indepth version. it was really neat. I was also doing some research online about the Navigators (the conference I went to two weekends ago). I found an article on praying the anmes and attributes of God. Basically, what it entails is thirty days of praying, each day focused on a different attribute of God. Its really neat, and I think its something that I am going to do. I also have been working on some memory verses. Right now I am working on Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." I know that I used to memorize about 3-5 verses a week for quizzes, but I really think that the majority of verses I learned were for the grade, not for my growth. So, now, I am trying to change my motivation, or rather, God has changed it to what it should be for me, because I am now challenged to know the Word so that I may teach it (as Jesus Christ exemplified). If anyone wants the list of verses I am memorizing, I can email you the link. They are verses that tie to certain illustrations the Navigators use in discipleship.
I also had my birthday this week, and let me tell you, birthday's here STINK! It was an alrite day, but it was just like any other. Thankfully, a family friend who is a firstie here heard it was my birthday, and she treated me to dinner. That was probably the highlight of my day. Tomorrow, my family is coming up to celebrate (and tomorrow is my sister's birthday). We are going to go to church and then out to eat. I can't wait to see them again. Even though it has only been a week. So, now, my sister is 15, and I am 19. Only two more years for me!! Then I am 21, and that means....I choose not to drink even though its legal. I guess I don't have as much hype for 21 as everybody else here does.
Well, I have to go run concessions at a Varsity Lacrosse game vs. Cornell. That is one of the glories of being a plebe and Corps Squad. Corps Squad has to run concessions for other Corps Squad teams, and the plebes are usually the ones stuck doing it. Oh well, it'll be fun. I'll try to post a little sooner this week.
Remember Joshua 1:8 this week!

1 comment: